Cudo Compute is revolutionizing the cloud industry by providing a democratic and sustainable alternative to the centralized cloud.
Why it matters: The cloud industry is growing rapidly as innovations in artificial intelligence, scientific computing, virtual reality and augmented reality tech continue to develop.
But the public cloud, as it exists today, is primarily owned by just three companies. This highly centralized cloud model faces several issues:
- Disruptive outages can take down key services for hours at a time due to a single point of failure.
- Sustainability issues result from energy consumption, water usage and electronic waste.
- Latency problems due to the distance between the data center and the end-user.
Through its distributed cloud marketplace, Cudo Compute is tackling these problems by providing an efficient, robust and cost-effective way to connect buyers and sellers of computing power.
Cudo Compute allows companies and individuals to find and use available compute resources more efficiently, moving beyond the inherent constraints of on-premise and centralized cloud environments.
This radical new cloud model provides a host of benefits, including:
- Increased availability. Those seeking specific types of processing power — e.g., GPUs — can be easily matched with suppliers offering exactly what they need.
- Lower cost. Computing suppliers can improve their returns by reducing under-utilized capacity, with corresponding price reductions for buyers.
- Closer proximity. A geographically distributed cloud makes it far easier for those seeking computing power to find a location as close as possible to the point of delivery.
- Reduced waste. Building new infrastructure has an environmental cost. Just one data center can consume as much electricity as 50,000 homes. Instead, Cudo Compute will help to maximize existing resources and take advantage of the billions of dollars of under-utilized computing resources available across the globe.
At launch, Cudo Compute will offer a user-friendly cloud service allowing you to find and use virtual machines hosted by a wide range of data center providers around the globe. Key features include:
- A high-performance infrastructure offered at a fraction of the cost of existing cloud providers.
- Access to latest-generation processors, including Nvidia GPUs, Intel Xeon and AMD EPYC CPUs.
- Robust security through hosting in data centers with ISO 27001 security and ISO 9001 quality certifications.
- One-click solutions for businesses in a range of specialized applications, including data science, deep learning, rendering and more.
At present, Cudo Compute focuses on the following use cases and applications:
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning — Use purpose-built images for machine learning with or without Docker using TensorFlow and PyTorch.
- 3D rendering and motion graphics — Scale your video rendering to 100,000 GPUs and CPUs, which is faster and more cost-effective with Blender.
- High-performance computing (HPC) — Run all your HPC workloads without investing CAPEX on high-performance hardware sitting idle outside office hours using Parabricks and GROMACS.
- GPU cloud — Access to on-demand GPU instances with per-second billing hosted in data centers with ISO 27001 security and ISO 9001 quality certifications.
Cudo Compute will serve as the infrastructure backbone for Web3 by eventually integrating with its sister company Cudos. The 100% carbon-neutral layer-1 blockchain offers low-cost, fast transactions.
Since Cudos is interoperable, it will integrate with all other major layer-1 chains, bringing cloud and blockchain closer together. Think Filecoin but for the entire compute stack where developers can access resources on- and off-chain independent of the network where they launched.
Enjoy the commercial and project acceleration benefits of expanding your access to scarce resources by contacting us or registering for an account at cudocompute.com.
About Cudo Compute
Cudo Compute is an ecosystem providing access to decentralized and sustainable cloud computing resources by leveraging under-utilized computing power on idle hardware globally.
We are the Airbnb for sustainable computing. Like Airbnb’s marketplace, which allows owners to rent out their unused homes, we facilitate businesses and individuals to lend their hardware’s unused computing to users and organizations that might need it. Our platform allows organizations and developers to deploy, run and scale based on their cloud demands.